Managing all application security activities as part of development and deployment of applications can be an overwhelming challenge. OWASP OpenSAMM gives you a structural and measurable blueprint to integrate OWASP best practices in your software life cycle. This OWASP framework allows you to formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the risk profile of your organisation.
During this talk Bart and Sebastien will get you up to speed on the OpenSAMM framework and share their important challenges they faced in implementing the framework within various organisations. Important topics that will be covered during this presentation are:
- What is the optimal OpenSAMM maturity level for your organisation?
- At which level to implement OpenSAMM in the organisation: at company, business unit or development team level?
- How to integrate OpenSAMM activities in agile development?
- How to apply OpenSAMM on suppliers or outsourced development?
- What metrics does OpenSAMM provide to manage your secure development life cycle?
Practical lessons learned and use cases from the trenches that make OWASP OpenSAMM a valuable methodology and which you should apply for your secure development life cycle!
Prior to the conference we organise a full day training on OpenSAMM, make sure to reserve your seat at this free OWASP training. After the conference the OpenSAMM project team comes together for their first OpenSAMM summit in Cambridge. If you want to contribute to this flagship project, stay and join us at the summit. More details on www.opensamm.org.